Sunday 17 November 2013

Last


I see the King, Alpha and Omega
Sweet consummation echoed in his voice
Living word, incarnation fulfillment.

I see the volleys of comets red fire
A rich crimson stream of love and mercy
Stains the shore of the crystal diamond lake.

I see the last rainbow through clouds burning
Loves consuming smoke dispersing evil
Shudders the ravaged cluster of the heart.

I see the mountains slide into the sea
Amethyst shreds strewn, bled and ripped apart
The last and the first his reigning beauty.

I see love captured in pure white linen
Purchased stars washed clean in sacrificed blood
Eternal praise radiates heavens light.

-------------------
Written for Poetry Jam

8 comments:

  1. This is beautifully expressed, Alan.
    Well worth waiting for.
    Prayerful words indeed.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful words Alan! I like your imagery, especially the "volleys of comets red fire" as well as "the crystal diamond lake" but the closing stanza is my favorite.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful imagery here Alan--though it all sounds a little frightening as well. Thanks for posting this and responding to my prompt. I am thinking about lightning--a rare thing here.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely poem - the song "what a wonderful world" came to mind. I also sensed the spiritual. The poem seemed to see saw between Heaven and Earth. Loved it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Alan, a stream of beautiful, vibrant images! Especially loved that last stanza, perfect peace
    :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is absolutely beautiful and captured me in a moment where I started to weep. So beautiful Alan…very well expressed.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Verses full of light and love ~ Meaningful words to ponder ~ Thanks Alan ~

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reading my poems. Please don't feel you have to comment. I enjoyed writing them, I hope you enjoyed reading them, Be blessed.